RENEWED THREAT TO HOSPITAL
For many years the people of Cardigan and district, who established for themselves a hospital to serve the area, have experienced concern over the future of the hospital they had created but which the state assimilated. Again and again assurances were sought – and given – that the status of the hospital would be maintained. Now it transpires that these assurances, no matter how well intended, may yet turn out to be merely diplomatic evasions to keep the mob quiet. It is possibly of little avail to indicate to the authorities that the most important person in any hospital should be the patient. Now, with the bureaucrat holding sway, convenience of planning must apparently be given priority and centralisation is the watchword.
For some time the more violent Welshmen have protested vigorously against rule from Whitehall. It now appears that even in Cardiff the functionaries of the welfare state are too far away to hear the demands of the rural areas.
At this stage we can urge one thing, and one thing only, to fight wholeheartedly this project which will deny to local people the services of an institution for which, in the past, they have made many sacrifices.
If ever Cardigan believed in anything, now is the time to show it. It should be made abundantly clear to the district authorities that we need the services provided by the hospital here, in the centre of the area for which it was designed and that we mean to fight to the utmost to maintain that position.
Golygyddol o’r Teifi-seid 13 Ionawr 1961
- 29 1944 (Mer.) Cyngerdd yn y Drill Hall. Y llywyddion oedd Lefftenant Cyrnel. Col. E. Harewood Williams a C. L. E. Morgan-Richardson a’r cadeirydd Cyrnel B. Taylor Lloyd
- 29 1921 (Maw.) Clwb newydd y Clymblaid yn agor yn yr hen Dolldy yn Stryd y Santes Fair, gan Capten Ernest Evans, AS am 2.00
- 28 1922 (Gwe.) Agoriad swyddogol yr Ysbyty gan Margaret Lloyd George
- 8 1946 (Wed.) Ail agor Festri Capel Mair ar ôl adnewyddiad.
- 8 1922 (Mon.) Llawdriniaeth gyntaf yn Ysbyty Aberteifi gan Syr John Lynn Thomas ar ddyn 18 oed o Landudoch. Achubwyd bywyd y gŵr.
- 8 1879 (Thurs.) Gosod carreg sylfaen Capel yr Hope am 3.00 p.m gan David Davies AS. Gweinyddwyd y gwasanaeth gan y Parchg Dr Rees, Abertawe.